forumaster 发表于 2021-4-13 22:44:16

“脑袋短路”用英语怎么说?

<div class="wx_rich_media_content" id="jsWxContainer"><section style="text-align: center;margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><span class="wxart_image" wx-style="display:inline-block;width: 100%;height: auto;"></span></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;">在一篇文章里看到下面这句话:</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="font-size: 16px;color: rgb(136, 136, 136);">Jen George, a community-college teacher from Cape Elizabeth, Maine, told me she is losing her train of thought in the middle of a sentence more and more often.</span></p><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;">这里<strong>train of thought</strong>的意思是a series of thoughts or ideas that someone is having,也就是人头脑中“连贯的想法”,简单说就是人的“思路”。</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;">这个形象的短语,据说是托马斯·霍布斯在1651年创造的,他在代表作《利维坦》中这样写到:train of thoughts, I understand that succession of one thought to another, which is called (to distinguish it from discourse in words) mental discourse</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="text-align: center;margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><span class="wxart_image" wx-style="display:inline-block;width: 100%;height: auto;"></span></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><strong>lose one’s train of thought</strong>就表示“思路突然中断”,用来形容人一时间忘了自己在想什么或者想要说什么。在适当的语境下,和“脑袋短路”的意思几乎是一样的,比如:</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136);font-size: 16px;">Sorry, I lost my train of thought. Where were we?</span></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136);font-size: 16px;">不好意思,我脑袋短路了,咱们说到哪儿了?</span></p><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;">train of thought还可以说成chain of thought,同样也表示“思路”。有人认为chain of thought可能是由train of thought误传而来,因为chain和train两个词发音十分相似。现在两个表达都是习惯用语,相比之下,train of thought更常见一些。</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="text-align: center;margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><span style="color: rgb(123, 12, 0);"><strong>brain fart/brain hiccup</strong></span></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;">Dictionary.com这样定义<strong>brain fart</strong>:a brief mental lapse, especially an instance of forgetfulness or confusion。作为俚语,brain fart主要在非正式场合使用。如果觉得fart这个词不太好说出口,可以换成<strong>brain hiccup</strong>:</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136);font-size: 16px;">I had a brief brain fart/hiccup and introduced him by the wrong name. </span></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136);font-size: 16px;">我脑袋突然短路,把他的名字介绍错了。</span></p><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;">hiccup也可以用作动词,所以上面的句子还可以说成:My brain hiccupped and I introduced him by the wrong name.</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;">其实定义中的mental lapse也是一个不错的选择,只不过听起来比较正式。</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="text-align: center;margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><span style="color: rgb(123, 12, 0);"><strong>senior moment</strong></span></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;">senior moment诞生于九十年代中期,算是一个新词,这里的senior指senior citizen(老年人)。随着年龄的增长,人的记忆力往往会有所下降,senior moment就是用来形容老年人犯糊涂、爱忘事的情形:</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136);font-size: 16px;">Biden frequently seems to have senior moments in the middle of his sentences. </span></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136);font-size: 16px;">拜登讲话时似乎经常语无伦次。</span></p><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;">年轻人也会用到这个短语,主要是为了自嘲或者调侃别人:</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136);font-size: 16px;">Please excuse me, I’m having a senior moment!</span></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="color: rgb(136, 136, 136);font-size: 16px;">我上年纪了,记性不太好,请多包含。</span></p><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;">最后分享一个笑话,见识一下什么才是真正的senior moment。</section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><section style="text-align: center;margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><span style="font-size: 16px;"><strong>A True Senior Moment</strong></span></section><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">An elderly couple had dinner at another couple’s house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.</span></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><br></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">The two elderly gentlemen were talking, and one said, ‘Last night we went out to a new restaurant, and it was really great. I’d recommend it very highly.’</span></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><br></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">The other man said, ‘What’s the name of the restaurant?’</span></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><br></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">The first man thought and thought and finally said, ‘What’s the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know … the one that’s red and has thorns.’</span></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><br></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">‘Do you mean a rose?’</span></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><br></p><p style="margin-left: 16px;margin-right: 16px;"><span style="font-size: 16px;">‘Yes,’ the man said, then he turned toward the kitchen and yelled, ‘Rose, what’s the name of that restaurant we went to last night?’</span></p><section style="margin-left: 8px;margin-right: 8px;"><br></section></div><p></p>
页: [1]
查看完整版本: “脑袋短路”用英语怎么说?

VIP你的影视英语人生