owenlee 发表于 5 天前

看美剧《纸牌屋》学商务英语谈判地道口语表达

场景介绍:在纸牌屋第三季第五季,总统弗兰克·安德伍德在白宫椭圆办公室召见新锐作家托马斯·耶茨。表面上是要其撰写宣扬"美国 Works"政策的传记,实则是利用其文学才华包装政治野心。保镖米查姆的沉默存在强化了权力场的压迫感,而弗兰克从怀柔策略(引用对方作品)到情感绑架(指向失业人群)的谈判手段,尽显政治家的操纵艺术。

http://1252145780.vod2.myqcloud.com/49002705vodcq1252145780/d1e5b02a5145403694900383894/oATBjv19D2sA.mp4
以下为美剧《纸牌屋》学商务英语谈判地道口语表达中英对照文本:

Frank Underwood: You ever been to the White House before? 你以前来过白宫吗?
Thomas Yates: When I won the National Book Award. 我获得国家图书奖的时候来过。
Frank Underwood: Nancy was a fan. I'm surprised. That story doesn't exactly revere family values. 南希是个粉丝,我很惊讶。那本书并不算是歌颂家庭价值观的故事。
Thomas Yates: She's got the astrologer [ə'strɒlədʒə(r)] in her. I think she liked the title more than anything. 她有点占星师的气质。我想她最喜欢的是书名。
Frank Underwood: Scorpio was a very good book. 《天蝎》是本好书。
Thomas Yates: Still pays the rent. 还在帮我付房租呢。
Frank Underwood: Have a seat. 坐吧。
Thomas Yates: Why am I here, Mr. President? 我为什么在这儿,总统先生?
Frank Underwood: Remy briefed you. 雷米和你说过了。
Thomas Yates: He said you needed a book. He didn't say about what. 他说你需要一本书,但没说内容是什么。
Frank Underwood: America Works. 美国就业计划。
——>> Not just the policy, but the origins. 不只是政策本身,还有它的起源。
——>> How a boy grew up in a dirt-poor shithole and climbed his way out through hard work. 一个男孩如何在肮脏贫穷的地方长大,通过努力工作走出来。
——>> A story of dignity. The pride that comes with one's labor. 一个关于尊严的故事,和劳动带来的自豪感。
Thomas Yates: Propaganda. 宣传。
Frank Underwood: You could call it that. 你可以这么说。
Thomas Yates: This sort of thing... it's not in my wheelhouse. 这种事……不是我的专长。
——>> You need a salesman, not a novelist. 你需要的是个推销员,而不是小说家。
Frank Underwood: (quoting Yates's review): "Whoever you are, whoever you think you are, 无论你是谁,无论你自认为是谁,
——>> believe that you're also a silent princess. 相信你也是一个沉默的公主。
——>> Your name is Ida. 你的名字是艾达。
——>> Your journey is one through a forgotten landscape 你的旅程将穿越一片被遗忘的土地
——>> of twisting staircases and morphing ['mɔːfɪŋ] castles, 穿过扭曲的楼梯和不断变化的城堡,
——>> atop floating stones defiantly crossing an angry sea, 踏着漂浮的石头,挑战愤怒的海洋,
——>> within dimly-lit caverns cobwebbed with ruins 在昏暗的洞穴中,废墟被蛛网覆盖,
——>> M.C. Escher could only grasp at in a dream state." 这些景象连埃舍尔 (荷兰版画艺术家,艺术创作涉及超现实主义与欧普艺术流派。他创作的《画廊》启发电影《盗梦空间》空间设计)也只能在梦中捕捉。"
Thomas Yates: You read my video game reviews? 你看我的电子游戏评论?
Frank Underwood: I tend to play shoot-'em-ups. 我通常玩射击类游戏。
——>> The indie games don't really interest me. 独立游戏并不怎么吸引我。
——>> I need adrenaline [ə'drenəlɪn] and action. 我需要肾上腺素和动作场面。
——>> But when I read this, I had to try it. 但当我读到这段时,我必须试一试。
——>> If you can convince me to be a silent princess with just a hundred words, 如果你能用短短一百字说服我成为一个沉默的公主,
——>> imagine how many millions you can convince with this book. 想象一下你能用这本书说服多少人。
——>> You are a salesman, Thomas. 你就是个推销员,托马斯。
Thomas Yates: I wasn't trying to sell anything. Just describe my experience. 我并不是想推销什么,只是在描述我的经历。
Frank Underwood: That's exactly what I want you to do with my story. 这正是我想让你用我的故事做的事。
——>> No sales pitch, just your honest curiosity. 不要推销,只要你真诚的好奇心。
——>> Besides, these kinds of books are always so boring, so safe. 再说,这类书总是很无聊,很安全。
——>> I want something different, something... unique. 我想要一些不同的东西,一些……独特的东西。
——>> Your voice. 你的声音。
Thomas Yates: I don't even know if I believe in your program. 我甚至不知道自己是否相信你的项目。
Frank Underwood: Come with me. 跟我来。
——>> I want to show you something. 我想给你看点东西。
——>> Have a look. 看看吧。
Frank Underwood: Do you see that line of people? 你看到那排人了吗?
Thomas Yates: The AmWorks tent. 美国就业计划的帐篷。
Frank Underwood: It stretches from there all the way to the Lincoln Memorial. 从那里一直排到林肯纪念堂。
——>> They started lining up before sunrise. 他们天没亮就开始排队。
Thomas Yates: It's really something. 真是壮观。
Frank Underwood: Thomas, at best, I'm going to be a footnote in history if I can't help those people. 托马斯,如果我不能帮这些人,我在历史上顶多是个脚注。
——>> At worst, I'll be a joke. 最糟糕的情况下,我会沦为笑柄。
——>> I am those people. 我就是他们中的一员。
——>> I want you to tell that story. 我想让你讲那个故事。
——>> What do you say? 你觉得呢?
Thomas Yates: I don't know. 我不知道。
Frank Underwood: What's your gut say? 你的直觉怎么说?
Thomas Yates: That you don't add up, and I'm intrigued. 你有些说不通,但我很感兴趣。
Frank Underwood: But not sold. 但还没被说服。
Thomas Yates: Not yet. 还没有。
Frank Underwood: Well, I'll pay you well, and at the very least, this sort of access is worth its weight in gold, isn't it? 好吧,我会给你丰厚的报酬,而且至少,这样的机会可是价值连城,不是吗?
Edward Meechum: Sir, the First Lady's back. 先生,第一夫人回来了。
Frank Underwood: I have to go give my Fourth of July speech before the fireworks. 我得在烟火前发表国庆演讲。
Thomas Yates: How quickly would you need the book? 你多快需要这本书?
Frank Underwood: By January. 一月之前。
Thomas Yates: I've never written anything in less than a year. 我从没在一年内完成过一本书。
Frank Underwood: Well, you don't strike me as someone who shies away from a challenge. 嗯,我觉得你不像是逃避挑战的人。
Thomas Yates: I'd need to be able to write it the way I want to write it. 我需要能按我想要的方式来写。
Frank Underwood: Absolutely. 当然。
——>> Look, take your time. 慢慢来。
——>> Enjoy the view. 欣赏一下风景。
——>> Meechum will show you out when you're done. 你结束时米查姆会送你出去。
——>> And I promise, if you say yes, you won't regret it. 我保证,如果你答应,你不会后悔。
Frank monologue: No writer worth his salt can resist a good story, just as no politician can resist making promises he can't keep. 任何一个真正的作家都无法抗拒一个好故事,就像任何政治家都无法抗拒做出他无法兑现的承诺一样。


本片段完美呈现了政治话语的伪装性:弗兰克将propaganda(宣传)包装为story of dignity(尊严的故事)。建议学员对比学习:
政治话术:America Works, labor pride(抽象概念);作家语言:twisting staircases, angry sea(具象画面)
体会用具象词汇提升说服力的终极技巧,这正是《纸牌屋》台词历久弥新的核心机密。通过解析权力博弈中的语言刀光剑影,学员既能掌握高阶表达,又能深度理解美剧文化背景,实现"追剧即学习"的双重愉悦。看纸牌屋学英语
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 看美剧《纸牌屋》学商务英语谈判地道口语表达

VIP你的影视英语人生