微信登录

扫一扫,访问微社区

100部高清纯英文字幕电影打包下载100部适合青少年学习的原声电影合集适合儿童学英语的100部英文原声动画
查看: 17895|回复: 23

[绝望的主妇] 美剧《绝望的主妇》第一季第一集学习笔记

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-11-13 12:36:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

以下为美剧《绝望的主妇》第一季第一集学习笔记:

My name is Mary Alice Young. When you read this morning's paper, you may come across an article about the unusual day I had last week. Normally, there's never anything newsworthy about my life. That all changed last Thursday. Of course everything seemed as normal at first. I made my breakfast for my family.

NOTE:come across 来到、偶遇、给人印象深刻,不期而遇,交付,这里的意思可以是在报纸上看到,不经意见看到。这是个很好的写作开头,大家不仿可以借鉴一下。

2.Here we are. Waffles.  Waffle:华夫饼干的意思 北美人居然吃这个当早饭,能吃饱呢?后来在网上查了下,惊奇的发现美国人的WAFFLE居然做工很讲究的,而且营养价值绝对高,我看到有20多种不同配方的WAFFLE制作方法。其实美国的早餐真是丰富啊,有大家熟悉的Cereals,就是那种谷物颗粒装的,需要冲牛奶吃的,国内也有买的,不过价格不费,一顿早饭那么奢侈。

3、I was laid to rest on a Monday. After the funeral, all the residents of Wisteria Lane came to pay their respects. And as people do in this situation, they brought food.

Laid to rest: 埋葬 当女主角埋葬后,她的邻居们来看往她的家人,美国人送礼不需要太贵重,可以是一瓶超市买的普通的酒,可以是自制的小饼干,或者任何自己做的食物。在别人结婚的时候,你收到邀请函的同时有时候会看到一张列表,上面会有新人需要的东西,你可以根据上面的东西来选择做为你赠送给他们的礼物,其实美国人很实在,他们缺什么,你就送他们什么,不象我们国内送起东西来绝对是浪费,尤其是在那些领导干部收礼。

4.No, you are going to behave today. I am not going to be humiliated in front of the entire neighbourhood. And, just so you know how serious I am...

humiliated:羞辱, 使丢脸, 耻辱 这个词语在DH中太常见了,当时的情景太有趣了,LYNETTE三个顽皮的儿子一路上打扰嬉戏不停,LYNETTE忍无可忍了,所说这么一句话。

5.PRESTON: What's that?
LYNETTE: Santa's cell-phone number.
PORTER: How'd you get that?
LYNETTE: I know someone, who knows someone, who knows an elf. And if anyone of you acts up, so help me, I will call Santa and tell him you want socks for Christmas. You willing to risk that?

Santa:圣诞老人 Elf:小精灵 三个小鬼实在太顽皮的,好在LYNETTE还有办法使出最后招,找来了圣诞老人,说如果他们不乖,她就要告诉圣诞老人,接着没有圣诞礼物了。呵呵,可想而知圣诞老人在西方家庭生活中的重要位置,尤其对小孩来说。

6.Gabrielle Solis, who lives down the block, brought a spicy paella.
NOTE:Paella: 西班牙)肉菜饭

7. Since her modelling days in New York, Gabrielle had developed a taste for rich food and rich men. Carlos, who worked in mergers and acquisitions, proposed on their third date. Gabrielle was touched when tears welled up in his eyes.

Mergers & Acquisitions, M&A 合并和收购,我看的时候,翻译居然是把原文抄了上去,呵呵,可能这词太专业了。CARLOS是DH中最有钱的,记得片中他们用来吃饭的桌子居然要23000刀,太奢侈了。
proposed on:可以解释为求婚。在他们第三次约会中Carlos就向Gabrielle求婚了,她居然也答应了,大家都看得懂不就为个钱字。

8.Why not? At the Donohue party, everyone was talking about mutual funds. And you found a way to mention you slept with half the Yankee outfield.

Yankee:美国的一个职业棒球队,后来人们把美国人都叫做Yankee。很多人都知道篮球在美国很流行,其实篮球只排在三大运动的最后一个,前面分别是棒球和橄榄球。

9.Bree Van De Kamp, who lives next door, brought baskets of muffins she baked from. Bree was known for her cooking.

Muffins:小松糕 又一个DH中经常出现的食物,似乎每次都是BREE做的。一开始我蛮欣赏BREE的绝对是个能干的家庭主妇。什么食物都会做,她的
儿女真有口福啊!

10.PAUL: Bree, you shouldn't have gone to all this trouble.
BREE: It was no trouble at all. Now the basket with the red ribbon is filled with desserts for your guests. But the one with the blue ribbonis just for you and Zachary. It's got rolls, muffins, breakfast type things.
PAUL: Thank you.
BREE: Well, the least I could do is make sure you boys had a decent meal to look forward to in the morning. I know you're out of your minds with grief.
PAUL: Yes, we are.
BREE: Of course, I will need the baskets back once you're done.
PAUL:Of course.

这段对话我觉得蛮有意思的,完全可以体现出BREE的风格。PAUL的第一句正面翻译是“你不必做那么多麻烦的事”也就是你不用那么客气带来这么多东西,老美其实说话也蛮婉转的。BREE到一点都不介意,她分别准备了2个篮子,一个是为他的客人,一个是为了他和他儿子的。BREE补充到说,她是希望他的儿子在明天早上能有顿不错的早饭吃,因为她觉得PAUL已经劲疲力尽了,没有可能做饭给他儿子吃。
Decent:一个经常用的单词,解释为得体的, 大方的,常常用来形容一个人的收入,这里形容早饭的质量也不为过。
BREE的最后句话有意思就是叫他归还她带来的篮子。

11.Susan Meyer, who lives across the street, brought macaroni and cheese.
Her husband Carl always teased her about her macaroni, saying it was the
only thing she knew how to cook, and she rarely made it well. It was too
salty the night she and Carl moved into their new house.

macaroni and cheese:干酪通心面,看看图就知道一定很美味了。
teased her about:因….取笑她

12.JULIE: Mom, why would someone kill themselves?
SUSAN: Well, sometimes people are so unhappy they think it's the only way they can solve their problems.
JULIE: But Mrs. Young always seemed happy.
SUSAN: Yeah, sometimes people pretend to be one way on the outside and they're totally different on the inside.

SUSAN的最后那句话很耐人寻味吧,也真的很有道理。知人知面不知心啊。

13.MARY ALICEto SUSAN) So? What did Carl say when you confronted him?
SUSAN: You'll love this, he said it doesn't mean anything, it was just sex.
BREE: Oh yes, page one of the philanderer's handbook.
SUSAN: Yeah, and then he got this Zen look on his face, and he said, you know Susan, most men live lives of quiet desperation.
LYNETTE: Please tell me you punched him.
SUSAN: No, I said, really? And what do most women lead, lives of noisy fulfillment?
MARY ALICE: Good for you.
SUSAN: I mean, of all people, did he have to bang his secretary? I had that woman over for brunch。
GABRIELLE: It's like my grandmother always said, an erect penis doesn't have a conscience.
LYNETTE: Even the limp ones aren't that ethical.
BREE: This is half the reason I joined the NRA. Well, when Rex started going to those medical conferences, I wanted at the back of his mind that he had a loving wife at home, with a loaded Smith and Wesson.

这段对话是倒叙的手法拍摄的,倒叙到SUSAN发现CARL和他的秘书有一腿。
Confront:使面临, 对抗   philanderer:爱和女人调情的男人,玩弄女性的男人
philanderer's handbook:花花公子类型的杂志。
Punch:这里应该解释打他,揍他的意思。
当SUSAN把CARL的婚外情告诉她的朋友时,每个人发出了不同的表态。当MARY ALICE问到CARL是怎么面对她的质问时,CARL的回答是那只不过是性,呵呵,几乎每个男人都是这么回答的。LYNETTE问到SUSAN 有没有去揍他,SUSAN说没有。
Good for you:在这里不是解释“对你来说是好的”,而是“你说得对”的意思。很常用的一个句子,大家可以在日常生活中用到,简单的句子,但能看出你很有口语感。
GABY的话绝对有意思,“It's like my grandmother always said, an erect penis doesn't have a conscience.”不知道看我笔记的人都是什么年龄的,这里我就不直翻了。大家可以自己去理解。

14.SUSAN: I don't know.I'm sorry you guys, I just... I just don't know how I'm going to survive this.
Survive:幸免于, 幸存, 生还 这里可以解释为度过。SUSAN很沮丧,她不知道该如果度过这段日子。很常用的单词。

15.We all have moments of desperation. But if we can face them head on, that's how we find out just how strong we really are.
这是一句很鼓励人的话,我觉得很有必要把它背下来。

16.I was just saying Paul wants us to go over on Friday. He needs us to go through Mary Alice's closet, and help pack up her things. He says he can't face doing it by himself.
Go over 顺便来一次,顺便拜访的意思。 Pack up打包整理   face doing sth 面对做。。。。

17.SUSAN: I made it, trust me. (MIKE prepares to take a bite) Hey, hey, do you have a death wish? Death wish:遗言

18.MIKE: Plumber. So if you ever have a clog. Or something.
Plumber:水管工人 clog:原意是障碍,这里解释为水管堵塞的情况。

19.LYNETTE: What are you doing!? We are at a wake! At a wake:守夜

20.JULIE: Hey, I saw you both flirting at the wake. You're obviously into each other. Now that you know he's single, you can ask him out.
Flirting:调情 obviously明显地 obviously into each other 相互吸引
虽然JULIE只有12岁,但她看出SUSAN和MIKE在守夜那天调情,找了借口去MIKE家,并得到了所有MIKE的第一手资料,厉害啊,才12岁的小孩,就管起母亲的事,国外的小孩真早熟。
Ask somebody out:很常用的口语句子,就是约某人出去的意思。

21.BREE: First of all, your father can't eat onions, he's deadly allergic. And I won't even dignify your navy bean suggestion. So. How's the osso bucco?
Allergic:过敏的,REX居然会对洋葱过敏,其实也不奇怪,外国人对东西的过敏都和特殊,有的人对水果过敏,有的对蔬菜过敏,看来外国人虽然饮食方面都比我们讲究,不吃油腻的东西,但他们要是病起来,什么乱七八糟的病都会有。

22.ANDREW: I'm just saying, do you always have to serve cuisine? Can't we ever just have food?
Cuisine:原意为厨房烹调法, 烹饪, 烹调风格,这里解释为大餐。ANDREW抱怨BREE每天都象在做大餐一样,一顿饭要做3个小时,可怜的BREE家人都不赞美她做的菜。

23.REX: It means I'm sick of you being so damn perfect all the time. I-I-I'm sick of the bizarre way your hair doesn't move. I'm sick of you making the bed in the morning before I've even used the bathroom. (BREE looks incredulously at REX) You're, you're this plastic suburban housewife with her pearls and her spatula, who says things like We owe the Hendersons a dinner? (BREE looks down in at her lap, upset) Where's the woman I fell in love with? Who, who used to burn the toast, drink milk out of the carton, and laugh? I need her. Not this cold perfect thing you've become.
Damn:绝对常用的一个次,想是我们国人说的TMD。某事让你特别气愤或恼怒的时候,可以就用这个次来表示。很口语化的一个词。
Bizarre:奇异的(指态度,容貌,款式等),BREE的发型真的是一丝不苟,没见她披头散发的样子。
Be sick of :讨厌,厌倦做某事   fell in love:坠入爱河,爱上某人

24.LYNETTE: Absolutely. She'll get through this. She'll find a way to survive.
Get through:这里解释为可以度过难关的

25.NARRATOR: And suddenly, there he was, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.
Phoenix:凤凰 ashes:灰 这句话意思是遇火重生,其实是形容SUSAN的心情,原本以为和EDIE 约会的男人是MIKE,听说他伤得不清住院了,没想到MIKE在这个时候出现在SUSAN面前。让她一下子又重生了,呵呵,让我想到了“圣斗士星士”中的一辉。

26.SUSAN: I brought some champagne. I thought we should all have a toast.

have a toast:举杯,干杯,不过之前,人们总会先说些什么,在人多的场面,人们会轻轻敲打杯面,发出叮叮挡挡的响声来吸引人们的注意,然后说些客套话,接着每个人会举起杯子说到:“TO 某某某”。

27.GABRIELLE: You guys check out Mary Alice's clothes? Size 8, hah! She always told me she was a size 6. Guess we found the skeleton in her closet.

the skeleton in one’s closet: 有不可告人的秘密,一个很常用的句子,记得在新概念第三册中有一篇文章就是写这个的。Everyone has a skeleton in his closet. 人人都有不可告人之事。Skeleton:骨骼 skeleton key万能钥匙

28.LYNETTE: What're you doing? That's private.
GABRIELLE: It's open, what's the big deal?

Private.私人的,秘密的 what's the big deal?:没什么大不了啊? 或者可以说:It’s not a big deal. 很常用的一句口语,日常生活中一直会用到。

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-11-27 00:44:13 | 显示全部楼层
好认真,学习了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-20 15:29:06 | 显示全部楼层
真的学习到了     这部剧是迄今为止看过的最有用的
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-20 15:30:03 | 显示全部楼层
It means I'm sick of you being so damn perfect all the time.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-12-25 19:17:07 | 显示全部楼层
It means I'm sick of you being so damn perfect all the time.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-1-16 19:23:15 | 显示全部楼层
Yeah, sometimes people pretend to be one way on the outside and they're totally different on the inside.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-2-28 16:53:03 | 显示全部楼层
thanks a lot
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-5-22 10:11:17 | 显示全部楼层
thanks a lot
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2017-6-11 12:02:56 | 显示全部楼层
这个真不错。绝望主妇好像很少有这类的笔记
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

1、请认真发帖,禁止回复纯表情,纯数字等无意义的内容!帖子内容不要太简单!
2、提倡文明上网,净化网络环境!抵制低俗不良违法有害信息。
3、每个贴内连续回复请勿多余3贴,每个版面回复请勿多余10贴!
4、如果你对主帖作者的帖子不屑一顾的话,请勿回帖。谢谢合作!

VIP你的影视英语人生
客服QQ
397839773 周一至周日:09:00 - 21:00
工作室地址:北京市朝阳区科技路88号现代城5号楼

英语我帮您网站:推荐最新适合英语学习的电影、美剧,提供欧美电影及电视剧音频剧本、台词笔记、视频字幕下载,鼓励大家充分利用:电脑、智能手机、IPAD等移动设备随时随地收听观看电影美剧、轻轻松松提高英语听力口语。

技术支持: 看电影学英语  © 2008-2021 英语我帮您

客服邮箱: {赞助会员发邮件必回复!}

GMT+8, 2024-4-18 15:21 , Processed in 0.136507 second(s), 41 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表