扫一扫,访问微社区

100部高清纯英文字幕电影打包下载100部适合青少年学习的原声电影合集适合儿童学英语的100部英文原声动画
查看: 4660|回复: 6

[金装律师] Throws a hail mary:绝地反击,孤注一掷

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-12-12 15:51:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Throws-A-Hail-Marry.jpg
Fred:Let's talk football.
Harvey:Peyton Manning (football star) goes down you lose your first 13 games. You gonna protect your assets and build for the future. You don't wanna pay 28 million for guy who may not play next year. So, what would you do? you move on.
Fred:That season isn't over, Harvey.
Harvey:You're 200 million in the red with a quarter billion due in two days.
Fred:Madison 25 is going to be built.
Mike:Madison 25 should be built, but the market's changed. Vacancies are up, rents are down, and you can't take out a loan against your future if the money's never gonna flow.
Harvey:It's time to protect your franchise.
Fred:Really? I should just skate while the hundreds of contractors and sub-contractors that I've made financial commitments to, they should just wait in line with their hands held out, hoping for 50 cents on the dollar?
Harvey:They know how the business works.
Fred:Look, I know that paul feels I should protect myself, I should protect my family business, but I want to protect my family name.
Harvey:There's no shame in declaring bankruptcy, okay?  It's a tool that will allow you to survive.
Fred:Wanna know the kind of guy that I am, Harvey? I'm the kind of guy that when the clock says, "The game's over, take a knee", that's when I throw a hail Mary.
Harvey:Everybody throws a hail Mary when they got nothing to lose.

Hail Mary:原意是指万福马利亚<天主教>,“Throws a hail mary”在美国俚语中用来表达绝地反击,孤注一掷的意思。用来形容当人们面临比较严竣的任务或挑战,即使胜算微乎其微,也笃定主意,决心奋力一博。

英文释意:An end-of-the-night maneuver in a last ditch effort to get something done; usually marked by desperation and a high percent likelihood of failure.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-12-24 10:19:16 | 显示全部楼层
这个确实很不错
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2016-1-6 01:09:30 | 显示全部楼层
This Good job
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2019-7-19 00:03:45 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢分享,非常好!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2024-3-3 14:26:47 | 显示全部楼层

谢谢, it's very kind  of  u
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

1、请认真发帖,禁止回复纯表情,纯数字等无意义的内容!帖子内容不要太简单!
2、提倡文明上网,净化网络环境!抵制低俗不良违法有害信息。
3、每个贴内连续回复请勿多余3贴,每个版面回复请勿多余10贴!
4、如果你对主帖作者的帖子不屑一顾的话,请勿回帖。谢谢合作!

VIP你的影视英语人生
客服QQ
397839773 周一至周日:09:00 - 21:00
工作室地址:北京市朝阳区科技路88号现代城5号楼

英语我帮您网站:推荐最新适合英语学习的电影、美剧,提供欧美电影及电视剧音频剧本、台词笔记、视频字幕下载,鼓励大家充分利用:电脑、智能手机、IPAD等移动设备随时随地收听观看电影美剧、轻轻松松提高英语听力口语。

技术支持: 看电影学英语  © 2008-2021 英语我帮您

客服邮箱: {赞助会员发邮件必回复!}

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 00:35 , Processed in 0.119181 second(s), 42 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表